Amanda Gilbert, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
Gala features wonderful food at Salty’s on Alki, great auction items & ‘experiences,’ and a memorable program that celebrates the many diverse stories of what is happening on the Duwamish Peninsula—both now and then—with our theme this year: History is Happening Now!
Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 11 am to 2 pm at Salty’s on Alki.
- Check-in/check-out (8 volunteers): 4 to run credit cards; 4 to be runners and locate guest's registration
- Hand guests packets, process pre-check credit cards; pull invoices and collect payments, and assist guests with collecting their purchased items.
- Primary skills: Quick and accurate recording skills, customer-service orientation, unflappability, focus. Experience with credit-card information preferred.
- Must be available for training on Thursday, November 1; 5pm at the Log House Museum
- Greeter (3 volunteers): Help with directions to table. Mingle with guests. During the program, assist runners and data processors as needed. Primary skills: Sparkling personality, energy, ability to troubleshoot and find solutions for guests.
- Golden Ticket sellers: (2 volunteers) Mingle with guests as they arrive and sell the Golden Ticket to win a Holland America cruise. Need to be friendly, outgoing, persuasive!
- Auction spotter (3 volunteers): Help auctioneer identify bids during live auction and Fund-a-Dream. Primary skills: Alertness, mobility, focus.
- Auction runner (1 volunteer): Take bid sheets from recorder to data-entry volunteer to be entered. Primary skills: Mobility, efficient handling of physical tasks.
- Auction recorder (2-3 volunteers): Write down winning bid numbers and amounts. Primary skills: Focus, accuracy of notating spoken information, organizational skills.
If you would like to help in any of these areas whilst mingling with lots of people that you already know and soaking up that fabulous view from Salty's, please contact me and I'll get you taken care of.