BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The Neighborhood House Family Center provides a variety of services to the High Point community.
The After-School Tutoring Program is designed to contribute to students’ overall academic achievement by providing students with personalized homework assistance. This program focuses on elementary aged students on Mondays and Thursdays from 2:45pm-3:45pm and middle and high school aged students on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Neighborhood House mission* through providing academic assistance, mentorship and encouragement to students.
- Commit to 1 to 4 hours of service per week
- Help individual students or small groups of students with homework, reading and skill-building in all academic areas. Involve students in fun learning activities. Make learning exciting, relevant and creative.
- Ability to work with elementary (Kindergarten to 5th grade) and/or middle and high school aged youth in a respectful and caring manner
- Dependability and patience
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set and maintain clear boundaries
Positively impact the life of a youth both academically and personally with the support of Neighborhood House staff and other motivated volunteers in a group setting as you help youth succeed.
We are looking for tutors to start as soon as January 9th or any time between then and the end of the 2016-2017 school year. Tutoring sessions will be held on Monday’s and Thursday’s. Students in grades Kindergarten to 5th grade will be served from 4:00pm to 5:00pm and students in 6th to 12th grade will be served from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. You will have an opportunity for 1 to 4 service hours per week.
Please sign up as a volunteer for one or up to all four sessions:
Monday 2:45pm-3:45pm: Kindergarten to 5th grade
Monday 4pm-5pm: 6th to 12th grade
Thursday 2:45pm-3:45pm: Kindergarten to 5th grade
Thursday 4pm-5pm: 6th to 12th grade
Neighborhood House High Point Center
6400 Sylvan Way SW
Seattle, WA 98126
for more information contact
the FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
206-588-4900 ext. 3010 / WILLO@NHWA.org