As the New Year approaches the West Seattle Timebank board would like to take this time to reflect on 2017 to what we have achieved and share with you our new goals for 2018.
Thanks to your involvement we met our goals for 2017:
- We increased membership by adding 147 new members
- We had better follow up with you as we saw you at our gatherings and volunteering at our community events.
- We utilized our partnerships as we increased members involvement with our community organization. And added new organizations to increase your volunteer opportunities.
You made this all possible. You shared wonderful moments in 2017. We experienced 948 exchanges and exchanged 3,319 hours. Here are some members examples which exemplify the very best of Timebanking, including giving time to our partners:
- “I helped plan the upcoming Hate Free Delridge-sponsored film screening at Meaningful Movies”
- “I coordinated and organized the West Seattle Democratic Women’s Holiday Gift Bag Stuffing Event for donating to the White Center Food Bank”
- “I participated in New Start Community Garden board meeting and planning for the 2018 growing season with Nature Stewards”
- “I tutored after school youth at High Point Neighborhood House”
- “I learned how to make kombucha”
- “I helped make lavender sachets”
- “I assisted organizing a member’s craft materials”
We believe you’ll spend a lot more beautiful minutes together in the coming year! If you have PowerPoint, view a few of these minutes: WSTB Annual Report Photo album
The Timebank board held a retreat to establish goals for 2018. We identified four priorities to focus our efforts on:
- Financial plan
- Committee structure
We will be sharing the details and methods we plan to use with you as the New Year unfolds.
Since you are an essential part of the success of the Timebank, we would like to thank you for your efforts keeping the Timebank alive and for enriching other’s lives. This year is sure to bring more progress and achievements to our timebank and we hope you will make the most of sharing your talents and skills.
Let’s keep the momentum going in 2018. Thank you for a great year!