Getting Started with our TimeBank:
Sign-up on-line and create a new account in Community Weaver, our data base. WestSeattle.Timebanks.org
- To join, click the "Join" Button on the left-hand side of the home screen and follow the instructions, giving your name, email, and creating your unique password.
- Go to your email account and open the email we just sent to your email account. Don't just view the email, but actually open it. This verifies your email account for the data base.
- Once you have verified your email, go back to your West Seattle Timebank account and complete the Profile Status by agreeing to the "terms of service" and give your birth date so we can do a background check. If you don't agree to a background check, please don't sign up.
If you are under 18 years of age you need to have parental or guardian consent and use the paper application form or sign up on the Blog Website
- Orientations to Timebanking and how to use the Data Base are given by request. If you feel you need help navigating the data base, please contact us. Just give us a call or send an email and we will schedule an orientation at the library or a coffee shop close to you.
- At any time you can log in to your data base account and do the following:
- Build your profile
- Create a bio
- Post a picture of yourself
- Post some skills and talents that you have to offer other members
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you
- Bring your ID to Timebank "Gathering" or an orientation so we can verify who you are.
- Once your background check is done, you'll receive an email notifying your account has been approved and you'll have access to others within the Timebank.
- You can ask your coordinator for help at any time.
- Attend Monthly member "Gathering" and potlucks where you get to know other Timebankers.
Release of Liability & Membership Agreement
RELEASE OF LIABILITY & MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
Please read and agree to the following conditions listed below.
If you do not agree, do not sign up to become a member.
- I understand that the West Seattle Timebank (WSTB) will do a background check on all applicants and certify that the information provided on this form is accurate.
- I understand that, as a timebank, we offer neighborly services to each other. Members provide services to the best of their ability and do not guarantee their work. I understand that the WSTB is only a coordinating agency and cannot guarantee the performance of any member and is not responsible for the services provided.
- I understand that expenses for any materials used will be the responsibility of the recipient, and expenses are to be agreed upon before the service is provided.
- I agree to only exchange lawful services through the WSTB.
- I understand that the WSTB cannot be held responsible for any injury to persons or damage to property experienced while involved with the program. The applicant hereby agrees to hold the WSTB, as well as its employees and/or agents harmless from any and all claims or liabilities for any activities performed by a timebank member.
- I agree to take responsibility for any accident or injuries that I might suffer while on property owned or rented by any timebank member and waive any claim against that member.
- I assume complete responsibility for the supervision and safety of my family members, including children, and take responsibility for any damage or accident in which my family members may be involved.
- I understand that there will be immediate termination of membership of any member who harasses, harms, or interferes with any other timebank member or the WSTB organization.
- I agree to refer any complaints, concerns or any disagreements with another timebank member to the WSTB.
- I agree that if I use my personal vehicle in rendering transportation service through the timebank, I will, in accordance with Washington law, arrange to keep in effect legal automobile liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage.
- I pledge not to reveal the password to or contents of the WSTB member database, and I will use reasonable care to protect the password.
- I give permission for photos/videos taken of me during WSTB activities to be used for publicity purposes, without recompense.
- I have read the terms and agree to be held to the standards expressed in the WSTB member guidelines.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account in the Timebank data base call Community Weaver.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.