Getting Started with our TimeBank:
Sign-up on-line and create a new account in Community Weaver, our data base. WestSeattle.Timebanks.org
- To join, click the "Join" Button on the left-hand side of the home screen and follow the instructions, giving your name, email, and creating your unique password.
- Go to your email account and open the email we just sent to your email account. Don't just view the email, but actually open it. This verifies your email account for the data base.
- Once you have verified your email, go back to your West Seattle Timebank account and complete the Profile Status by agreeing to the "terms of service" and give your birth date so we can do a background check. If you don't agree to a background check, please don't sign up.
- Orientations to Timebanking and how to use the Data Base are given by request. If you feel you need help navigating the data base, please contact us. Just give us a call or send an email and we will schedule an orientation at the library or a coffee shop close to you.
- At any time you can log in to your data base account and do the following:
- Build your profile
- Create a bio
- Post a picture of yourself
- Post some skills and talents that you have to offer other members
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you
- Bring your ID to Timebank "Gathering" or an orientation so we can verify who you are.
- Once your background check is done, you'll receive an email notifying your account has been approved and you'll have access to others within the Timebank.
- You can ask your coordinator for help at any time.
- Attend Monthly member "Gathering" and potlucks where you get to know other Timebankers.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account in the Timebank data base call Community Weaver.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.