Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Visit our West Seattle Timebank website to download the membership application.
- Bring the application and your ID to an orientation. Orientations are held every third Thursday at the West Seattle Senior Center, at 6:00 PM, just before the member's pot luck at 630PM. Orientations are also held by request if you don't want to wait till the next monthly meeting. Just give us a call or send an email and we schedule an orientation at the library or a coffee shop close to you.
- After your reference and background check is completed, you will receive an email welcoming you to the Timebank.
- Login to this Timebank data base, Community Weaver
- Create your profile
- Post some skills and talents that you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
- You can ask your coordinator for help at any time.
- Attend Monthly member meetings and potlucks where you get to know other Timebankers.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account in the Timebank data base call Community Weaver.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.