Release of Liability & Membership Agreement
If you do not click agree, we cannot accept your application.
- I understand that the West Seattle Timebank (WSTB) will do a background check on all applicants and certify that the information provided on this form is accurate.
- I understand that, as a timebank, we offer neighborly services to each other. Members provide services to the best of their ability and do not guarantee their work. I understand that the WSTB is only a coordinating agency and cannot guarantee the performance of any member and is not responsible for the services provided.
- I understand that expenses for any materials used will be the responsibility of the recipient, and expenses are to be agreed upon before the service is provided.
- I agree to only exchange lawful services through the WSTB.
- I understand that the WSTB cannot be held responsible for any injury to persons or damage to property experienced while involved with the program. The applicant hereby agrees to hold the WSTB, as well as its employees and/or agents harmless from any and all claims or liabilities for any activities performed by a timebank member.
- I agree to take responsibility for any accident or injuries that I might suffer while on property owned or rented by any timebank member and waive any claim against that member.
- I assume complete responsibility for the supervision and safety of my family members, including children, and take responsibility for any damage or accident in which my family members may be involved.
- I understand that there will be immediate termination of membership of any member who harasses, harms, or interferes with any other timebank member or the WSTB organization.
- I agree to refer any complaints, concerns or any disagreements with another timebank member to the WSTB.
- I agree that if I use my personal vehicle in rendering transportation service through the timebank, I will, in accordance with Washington law, arrange to keep in effect legal automobile liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage.
- I pledge not to reveal the password to or contents of the WSTB member database, and I will use reasonable care to protect the password.
- I give permission for photos/videos taken of me during WSTB activities to be used for publicity purposes, without recompense.
- I have read the terms and agree to be held to the standards expressed in the WSTB member guidelines.
- Understand the Timebank Goal: To Build a Non-Monetary Community of Support.
Timebanking builds a community of support between individuals, families and neighborhoods. Exchanging services is a means of building sustainable communities in a modern, urban society.
- Using TimeBank’s Community Weaver: Communicating with members through personal emails and phone numbers is best, but Community Weaver, our online website and messaging service, is available to those who wish to keep their contact information private.
- Accepting or Declining an Exchange: When a member contacts you, be sure to respond to them even if you can’t perform the service.
It’s OK to say no, but be sure to respond to them so they know to keep looking.
- Give Timely Responses:
Members to respond to each other in less than 3 days, 5 days maximum.
Please allow members enough advance notice for exchanges.
- TimeBanking should be Fun:
Offers only services you enjoy doing.
- Be Respectful and Courteous:
Be flexible in expectations of varying abilities. TimeBank does not replace the money economy, and is not meant to meet all needs.
- Clear Communication is Vital:
Be sure to negotiate terms of exchange beforehand. Be clear about your skill level and the amount of time it will take. Be sure you both have the same understanding before the service is provided. Discuss the number of hours and who will log in to credit the hours.
- Monetary Expenses for Materials and Supplies:
They are the responsibility of the recipient. Both parties should discuss expenses before the exchange so no one is surprised.
- Recording an Exchange:
The service provider rounds up to the nearest quarter hour including transportation time in the total. The recipient generally posts the hours, unless both parties agree otherwise.
Please don’t share confidential information with anyone. If there’s a reason to believe that a member’s situation may negatively impact other members, please notify a Timebank coordinator.
- Begin Right Away:
Each new member receives 1 hour credit for a completed profile. Get another hour for uploading your photo! Do not be afraid if there is Timebank "debt." Just keep exchanges flowing. Timebank member nonprofits also offer hour credits.
- Attend Timebank events:
Our potlucks are a good way to meet fellow members and build relationships.
- Contact a Coordinator if you Experience any Difficulties with:
- TimeBank’s computer system
- Members who do not return calls or respond to emails
- Not enough or too many requests
- You believe another member's practices are inappropriate
- You become unavailable or move.
Our community thrives on active involvement. Enjoy your Timebank!
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to offer and request. This is how sharing and relationships are built.
- Please respond within 3-5 days to calls or email requests.
- After you've determined that an exchange is appropriate, schedule a specific date and time.
- After the exchange, log in to credit ALL hours via Timebank member website (Community Weaver)
Repeat again and again to help keep our community flourishing.